Here’s our list of top things to do in Mystic in SPRING 2015 [March 20th through June 21st]
1. Mystic Irish Parade, Downtown Mystic! (just 2 days after the start of spring). Family or friendly event fun for all ages. Be sure to show your Irish Pride!
2. Check out a newly opened business in Mystic! Cafe 511, Frizzante Champagne & Wine Bar, The Old Mystic General Store, or Vault Coffee in Olde Mistick Village.
Photo Credit Frizzante Champagne and Wine Bar
3. Take a hike as the Forsythia blooms! The snow will be a distant memory and the trails will be beautiful. It’s time to burn off the New England winter, so get out there! Beebe Pond, Denison Pequotsepos, Haley Farm, Pequot Woods, Barn Island are just a few in our area to explore.
4. Saturday Farmers Market at the Velvet Mill. Fresh spring veggies, pastries, breads, cheese, jams and jellies, beers and meats. While you’re there, check out all of the cool small businesses that the Mill has to offer.
5. Take a late spring kayak ride on a sunny day along the Mystic River. Kayak rentals available by the hour.
photo credit Riverdog Kayak Rentals
6. Wine Tasting with friends! Choose one or two of the local vineyards and discover your new favorite local varietal.
photo credit: Jonathan Edwards
7. Spend the day and/or night in Mystic! Whether you hit up downtown, The Seaport, Olde Mistick Village or the Aquarium there’s a ton of stuff to do in Mystic this time of year!
photo credit Mystic Country