The Mystic Irish Parade (on March 19, 2023 this year) draws over 30,000 spectators a…
6 Fall Activities To Do in Mystic, Connecticut
photo by Stephanie McDowell
1. Grab a hot beverage and a pastry from one of downtown Mystic’s hot spots (like Sift Bake Shop or Mystic Depot Roasters). Mystic mainstays like Li’s Bake Shop and Green Marble are happy to have you stop in as well!
2. Take a leisurely drive around the Mystic River. Leaf peep and snap a few photos along scenic River Road and through Old Mystic. While you’re in Old Mystic, you might want to pick up a hot NY style pizza from Old Mystic General Store.
3. Venture over to the ever-popular B.F Clyde’s Cider Mill for warm apple cider donuts, mums, pumpkins and cider tasting.
4. Stop in for an Oktoberfest-style lunch at Olde Mistick Village’s Jealous Monk! They have more than 100 beers, 32 on tap.
5. Attend Downtown Mystic’s annual Pirate Invasion around the end of September or early October. The fun starts with a movie in the park on Friday night, continues throughout the weekend with children’s activities, a pub crawl, and ends with the pirate invasion on Sunday in Mystic River Park!
6. Shop for fall downtown near the drawbridge. October is Paint the Town Pink month, and many shops participate by raising funds for the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation.
This Post Has One Comment
We have always visited Mystic in the fall. Every time we are there we find something new to do. Like this past time we visited the Cider Mill and watched them make apple cider. We always visit Mystic Village, walk around downtown, and of course have Mystic Pizza! We live in Texas, and this is probably my favorite place in the U.S.!