- This event has passed.
Riverfest at Mystic Seaport Museum
October 8 - October 10
Get in the fall spirit at Riverfest! Visit Mystic Seaport Museum October 8-10 to create lasting fall memories amongst the changing leaves, and venture onto the river in a rowboat, sailboat, pedalboat, or captained boat. Kick back with some tasty brews and delicious food at our Riverfest Beer Garden at Spouter Tavern and enjoy live music all three days. Several fishing boats and their crews will be docking with us over the course of the weekend to meet visitors and talk about oyster farming and sustainable fishing.
There’s something for everyone at Riverfest!
• Listen to live music all weekend
• Meet local oyster farmers and fishermen and check out their boats
• Learn about the history of various fishing industries with guided talks
• Whaleboat demonstrations
• Enjoy drinks on the waterfront at the Riverfest Beer Garden
• Grab a boat at the Boathouse and get on the water (last weekend of operation for the season!)
• Take a captained ride on Liberty
• Participate in an educational program for Indigenous Peoples’ Day (Monday)
• Take a tour of the Shipyard
• Attend the Watercraft Hall Open House
• Watch a film screening: “From Tide to Table”
• Have fun with harvest-themed games and crafts for kids
• Sample oysters
Saturday – Sea Music
Sunday – presented by Westerly Sound
Monday – more Sea Shanties!
Full lineup to be announced soon
Stonington Kelp Co.
Copps Island Oysters
Thimble Island Shellfish
Free to Museum members, and included in Museum admission for non-members. Single-day tickets and three-day tickets are available.