- This event has passed.
Memorial Day Weekend 2022 at Mystic Seaport Museum
05/28/2022 - 05/30/2022
We are kicking off summer in a big way here at Mystic Seaport Museum, and you’re invited! It’s opening weekend for the Boathouse, AND our newest exhibition, Story Boats. Whether you’re a landlubber or an avid sailor, there’s something for you. Get on the water with a rowboat, sailboat, or a captained boat ride, and enjoy live concerts at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday (New London Big Band) and Sunday (Mama Train).
Play some croquet, try a scavenger hunt, and check out the exciting new eateries, including outdoor dining at Spouter Tavern and Greenmans’ Landing. We’ve been working hard freshening up the buildings and grounds, so gather up your people and spend some time by the river enjoying the fresh air, sunshine, and expansive campus!
Additional special activities taking place all 3 days include:
- Antique truck rides (11:00-3:00; first-come, first-served)
- Story Boats-related tours and activities
- Visit the Watercraft Hall (1:00-3:00)
- Special guest storyteller Sue Dyde of Shoutdrama (various times; recommended for ages 8 and under)
- Games on the Village Green
- Decoration Day activities and wreath-laying ceremony on the waterfront (Monday only)
Most activities included with admission, and free for Members.