- This event has passed.
Introduction to Ayurvedic Cooking
04/11/2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$50 – $300
Thursdays, March 14, 21, 28, April 4, 11, and 25, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
The ancient Hindus knew, thousands of years ago, the intricate connection between our diet and our health. Even today Ayurveda continues to be a vibrant and personalized path toward a healthier life. Food is medicinal according to this 5000-year-old science. A healthy balanced Ayurvedic meal, of seasonal foods, stimulates a unique combination of the Rasa (six tastes): salty, sweet, sour, bitter, pungent & astringent.
Lead by Rachna Tewari, a certified Ayurvedic Health Counsellor and Yoga Teacher, this series we will explore the art of cooking nutritious, delicious, Indian meals using Ayurvedic principles.
We will learn about:
• Incorporating Ayurvedic principles into everyday cooking
• Food combinations and incompatibilities
• The use of herbs and spices to enhance wellness
• A live cooking demonstration of one dish in each class
• A copy of the family recipe of the dish I will be demonstrating
Each class we will enjoy an Indian meal. All dishes will be cooked using organic ingredients. This program is suited for adults. Meets in the Lattner Kitchen at Coogan Farm.